Center of Excellence : Brief Overview
With increasing demand for trained AVGC professionals, there is a need for an institute like COE in Animation, Visual Effects, Gaming and Film Making, major reasons being;
- Currently jobs are concentrated in the production segment of the value chain, there is a shift expected towards high value jobs in the Pre/Post production segments
- The high-profile jobs are expected to almost double over the next 10 years (~additional 24,000 jobs)
- Clearly, there is a big gap between industry demand and supply of trained graduates in the AVGC sector.
- Also, there is a dearth of institutes of national character in the AVGC sector, which are aligned to global market requirements.
COE in Animation, Visual Effects, Gaming and Film Making will be positioned as an apex institute Excellence and will be aimed to the premier institute dedicated to exceptional applied learning and graduate success. COE will lead in providing skills-based educational programming that integrates theory with application, preparing students for global careers in art foundation, digital and technical fields. Dedicated facilities at Centre of Excellence will have capacity to serve close to 300+ students annually at its state-of-the-art campus.
Centre of Excellence will create doers, not bystanders. The Institute will be ideal for purposeful, action- and goal-oriented individuals. At COE students will get a head start on their careers, as our programs, teaching methods and out-of-class experiences provide intensive, hands-on, usable, real-world learning.
Here the students will encounter a launching pad for their personal and professional creative evolution. They meet people who thrive on seeing things differently. They will learn how to take their ideas and make them better. COE mission is singular and steadfast: To refine and hone the talent in every student so that they walk out of our doors, prepared and energized for Global careers and an opportunity to set-up their own business.
Partnership branding will bring Institution and MESC brands together. Each with its own brand equity and its strength will create more positive and goal-oriented skilling eco system
- Center will display MESC logo at all the prominent spots of COE which includes Entrance, Reception Area Etc
- MESC logo should be given equal space in all the marketing materials, collaterals, print, electronic and radio.
- MESC logo should be displayed in all Kinds of programs and events organized by COE in on-sight, off-sight, during Job Melas, Conferences, Conclaves, Seminars, Workshops Etc.
- Participation in all the above-mentioned programs and events.
Providing training opportunities and in-field access to facilities and developing industry leaders and highly qualified personnel through trainings.
- The Centre will facilitate and support on optimization and transfer of global best practices in M&E through focused training, skill development, research and demonstration of technology.
- Facilitating industry-focused research and innovation, that advances concepts, processes and methodologies for improving productivity with focus on health and safety
- Collaborating with international studios, universities, government researchers, technical consultants for skill and technology transfer.
- An amount of Rs.5 Lakhs will be charged from COE against monitoring and approval cost which must be paid upfront.
Vision and Purpose
COE Believes in the worth and potential of each student and strives to provide high quality programs and services. The heart of our mission is to deliver curricula that emphasize the current learning outcomes while creating an atmosphere that fosters development of integrity, worth and potential. We value critical thinking and creative expression while advocating an appreciation of cultural diversity.
COE aims in creating entrepreneurs with a zest of creativity and master’s in technology. Center of Excellence will be known for creative professional studies based upon focused and balanced curricula. COE will prepare students for entrepreneurship in animation, gaming, visual effects, and media arts by providing an intensive educational environment and by responding to changing technology Remove in order to meet the opportunities of a global economy. We will measure our success by our ability to:
- Providing a learning-centered climate fostered by dedicated and knowledgeable faculty.
- Preparing students for career entry and professional growth in their respective fields.
- Maintaining a systematic approach to institutional improvement through assessment and long-range planning.
Why Center of Excellence (COE)
All our programs will lead to entrepreneurship in animation, visual effects, and gaming. We will train students on entrepreneurship opportunities and provide highly active business advising and counseling. Being well-prepared and work-ready will give COE students a significant head starts on life and in their professional careers. Our industry interface will be always available to guide and nurture them. Students will have the hands-on classroom teamwork experience and well prepared to face the challenges of the real world.
Program options will include a wide range of programs and credentials including pre-apprenticeship and apprenticeship training, industry-oriented programs in areas of animation and business enterprise management. We will also offer a number of collaborative degree programs through partnerships with Renowned International Partners, who prides themselves on a reputation for leadership in the field of digital animation studies and have been educating artists, filmmakers, animators, and designers for the last so many years.
Our approach will be simple:
- We will seek out the best and brightest students from all over the North East.
- We will teach them an intensive curriculum that covers both theory and hands-on training and is designed to prepare students for their chosen career in the entertainment world. 4 Months at COE will be equivalent of a 1 or 2-year program elsewhere.
- We will provide instructions by established and respected industry professionals, and our Department Heads will be leaders in their fields.
- We will send our graduates into the industry, confident-connected, and armed with the professional portfolios, demo reels, or short films: vital for making an impression on future employers and industry connections.
- Career Advising - Advisors will be available to meet with students one-on-one to discuss all facets of job searching, including career options, resume creation and review, interview preparation and job search strategies. Students will be encouraged to meet with their advisors early during their programs.
- Job and Career Opportunities - General and industry related part-time, seasonal and freelance jobs will be available through the campus and online student job boards.
- Workshops - Throughout the year Career Services will offer workshops focused on job search skills and preparation. Workshops offered will include resume writing, freelance basics and job search etiquette.
- Job Fairs/On Campus Recruiting - Career Services will coordinate quarterly student job fairs featuring employers recruiting for part-time and full-time positions. Employers will also be invited to recruit individually on campus for immediate hiring needs.
- Resources - General and industry specific job search tools and information, such as sample resumes and cover letter guidelines, association lists, job applications, company literature, articles and more will be maintained in the Career Services office.
- Portfolio shows - Career Services will host quarterly graduate portfolio shows. These events will provide graduates with an opportunity to showcase their work to industry professionals, family and friends.
- Student selection should be based on assessment & entrance exam.
- Experienced faculty members, with 60% of the faculty being industry professionals.
- COE will offer 3 Months, 4 Months and 6 Months advanced programs in Animation, Visual Effects Gaming and Film Making.
- COE will also offer short term skill upgradation programs –continuous professional education programs for working professionals, skill development programs for students
- COE will work with an international academic institution of repute to develop content for the different programs
- The infrastructure facilities in the institute will include most advanced computer labs, sound and video editing suite, Green room, acting room, 2D room, lecture halls, classrooms, libraries, mini theatre and common infrastructure such as auditorium and cafeteria.
- COE will have strong Industry Partnerships and have their constant involvement in content development, providing internship opportunities for students in studios, involving faculty from the industry, setting up research centers and also in academic, research advisory committees/ boards.
List of COE:-
|S.No.||List of Centers|
|1||Whistling Woods International Limited|
|3||Indian School of Design and Innovation|
|5||Shasun Jain College|
|6||True School of Music|
|7||Toonz Animation Academy|
|9||Dancesmith Performing Arts|
For More Queries please connect with us at 011 49048335 | 49048336 or mail at firstname.lastname@example.org